Saturday, July 21, 2007

Incomplete Joy

I am the camera that sits
On the three legs of a Tripod
Each leg so easy yet so different
Decorated in different colors
Coming in different flavors
Yet in some miraculous way
They have held me up for over twenty years
I really on them for joy
I lean on them for aid
They bring me out of my debt
My loneliness
My depravity
Because of their support
Because of their strength
I am able to sit on the top of the world

That is how I really feel about my sisters

I return home soon
A land that I left with my support system
A land that I fled because I wanted to be free
I embraced the freedom given to me
By those who chose to use education
To trap me in a box
I allowed the land of the free slaves
To rape me of my love for who I was
Until
I met the center and core of me
The lens that opened my eyes to the beauty around
Zoomed and kept in focus my dreams
Kept in focus my reality
Aided in viewing the world around for what it was
Showed me that home is the root
Home is the core
Home is me

That is how I feel about my hubby to be

So my happiness should be complete
I have my lens that shows me reality
I have my support that elevates me above the world
And I return home to my roots
Not so
In returning home to my roots I leave behind
Two legs of my tripod
Now I ask you this
How do I stand?
How do I remain elevated?
How is my joy supposed to be complete
When only one leg competent leg
Is doing the work of three
Vixen, Menty
The day will never be complete
Without you

7 comments:

Kafo said...

hmmmmm

tears in my eyes

dang girl

beautiful

Noni Moss said...

Lolll @ Kafo because she's basically said she would miss you?

:-D Nice one PJ.

Vixen said...

Bawawawawawawa!!!

Okay okay okay...I'm coming. Gotta keep the tripod up somehow.

I heart you. Even when you are acting like a 5 year old. You missed the rest of the convo, it was so delish!

Naijadude said...

Wow that is just beautiful....

its been awhile, whats up with you?

Poetic Justice said...

don't come jare, come with mullah for the reception here!!!

Sam Oracle said...

This is extremely wonderful, you write well.

Jennifer A. said...

"The day will never be complete without you..."

Beautiful...kai!!!

My Playlist