Monday, May 14, 2007

Goodbye and Broken Bond

There was a time I thought I couldn't’t breath
I thought that the very touch of air within my lungs
The very intake of any substance
Into my body would end me
Because you were no longer in my life
I thought that I would stop living
Stop loving, stop laughing
That the me, the I , that sums up You
Was all I had
But then all it took were
“Good bye” and “You are not my friend”
For me to realize that those were the words
My soul should have heard
When you first said “Hello” and “I Love You”
How does real love die
Even with betrayal
I didn’t betray you
I didn’t leave you when you had nothing
I didn’t make you cry and wonder at night
Where real friendship went
You may be in the pit now
You may be screaming into your pillow at night
Wondering why your world seems to be falling
Into this abyss that you,
have chosen this path you

Have created
But little do you know
That I am lying in bed at night
Not sleeping
Dreaming but not shutting my eyes
Searching my soul for a way
To ask you what I have done to be treated such
I have stood there when others fell
I have given you my honest love
Yet you feel it is your position
To tell me
Adios, from that high perch that you placed yourself
Well my dearest,
You have only this moment to shine
Some gems disperse and are never found again
So this is a good bye
From that one time hello that could have lasted
Lasted an eternity
That you placed me in
This eternity of never to be’s
How does it feel to know
That You betrayed what could have been a friendship
That lasted forever
I never will trust another feline
I will never give my undying love
My honest heart
To a friend
When that friend will only walk away
Take and take and manipulate
Use, abuse, scorn
Turn love to discord
I’m done
With what ever part of me is left
For you to grasp,
Is that a gasp I hear in my mind
No it is a sigh
Of relief
I needed to breath in that air that I thought
With you in my life I couldn't’t attain
Reach, in hale, take in
Exhaled you are and inhaled life, new love
New friends,
I think not..
Here I am now
I
Search for the hate that could never have been found
Had she, had he, had they not said this and that
To make and break and ensure that
The wall built crumbled under the breath
And air that proceeded from the mouth
Of the un blessed and un sanctified
NEVER AGAIN!!
Yet even now I still feel you
In me with me shall I say to be said?
That you are still there, NO
But am I still there, perhaps in my mind,
Perhaps its that scar
That burns now
Underneath all that resentment, anger and hurt
Perhaps the wound is so deep that It can never heal
Perhaps
But then again, maybe
For the first time
I understand what it means
To have loved, to have lost and to have gained
A better knowledge that some angels
Fade and some remain
It all depends on what the mission
Of that angel was in your life, I
Discuss this with Me and I
The other persons in my triangle of
Self
Control
I think not, but then again, you and I
Where never meant to be
A perchance encounter
Turned to friendship
Turned to mush
Turned to trust?
Hmmmm, maybe
Turned to love
Turned to hate
Turned to hurt
Turned to goodbye
Turned to never
Again,
Never
Again, never again
Amen..
As you have said goodbye to your once in a lifetime friend!

3 comments:

Kafo said...

this is what u r using ur time to do
BETTER GO AND STUDY ooooo

Poetic Justice said...

LOL @ Kafo but seriously girl! this person must have hurt you.

Lara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

My Playlist