Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Next Day

The midnight sun is gone
Yet we are afraid to talk or move on.
We avert eyes, knowing the pain each will hold
We keep heads down, not wanting to search our souls
Pretending today is any better than the last
We walk about the room
Keeping our words crisp and brass
You ask me if we will see again
I answer, "I don't know".
Putting on clothes torn in haste
You pretend it doesn't hurt when I begin to go
Reaching out you touch me and begin to speak
My fingers touch your lips and ask you to cease
The cobwebs have already been spun,
The bloodstained evidence undone
We part ways now, having lost our innocence
Another friendship is torn to shreds

3 comments:

Admin UD said...

Oh dear, you must be a poet? Nice blog you've gat.

I'm luving it already and will def. be back again and again!

1luv

? said...

Just stopped over to listen to Bantu. But this is nice too

Noni Moss said...

Oh wow. This is fantastic. Love love love your stuff - so expressive. :-D

My Playlist